Saturday 10 March 2018

Progress report

So, the book is out there in the big wide world fending for itself.

I have called this a progress report but in truth there is not much to report on Aldwark Tales at present. The official publication date was March 1st and the book can now be bought at Waterstones (either online or ordering through their shops) and at Amazon where both the paperback and the kindle versions are available. In addition the book can be bought direct from my lovely publisher Green Cat Books. Alternatively, if you are lucky enough to live in or around the real life inspiration for Aldwark, then you can pop into the wonderful Strays bookshop on Middlegate in Newark and pick up a copy there.

Meanwhile, and away from the blatant promotional activities, I am writing and editing again.

Next out, hopefully in the autumn, will be my first full length novel "The Winds of the World". This is, of course, another supernatural tale but this time I move away from the comforting familiarity of Aldwark and travel overseas - to Italy, North Africa and finally the Rub' al Khali or Empty Quarter. This is the vast desert at the heart of the Arabian Peninsula and also at the heart of my new story.

The land where the winds of the world go to die.

And whilst I am editing 'Winds', I am also writing more short stories - again all supernatural. Some of these are set in Aldwark whilst others are tales of places further afield. notably in the mist shrouded, mountainous lands of Scandinavia. I have dozens more tales rattling around in my head and hopefully I will have many of them down on paper for you very soon.

But for now I think they need some company and the bottle is far from empty.

Pass it over old chap.      


1 comment:

  1. Newark --- Aldwark --- I see what you did there! Glad the muses are keeping you out of other trouble :-)

    ReplyDelete